By mp3 banger | 8th August 2021
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:CHECK THIS OUT
1. Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum has reunited an abducted Chibok girl with her mother. In a brief ceremony at the Borno Government House on Saturday evening, Zulum noted that the use of only force in the terrorism war will not achieve the result needed.
2. The Sultan of Sokoto and President General, Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has directed the Muslim Ummah to look out for the new moon of Muharram 1443 AH, on Sunday, August 8, 2021. Abubakar issued the directive in a statement on Saturday.
3. The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Zone ‘C’, Aminu Bobi, has been reportedly kidnapped by gunmen in Mariga local government area of Niger state. A close relation confirmed the development on Saturday.
4. Chief Yomi Aliu, the lead counsel of Yoruba Nation agitator Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho has refuted claims that some groups and individuals are sponsoring the suits filed by the agitator. In a statement on Saturday, Aliu also faulted criticism of Justice Igweatu’s bail conditions for Igboho’s aides at a Federal High Court, Abuja.
5. Unknown gunmen have killed a man in Ekiti State with his wife and daughter abducted and taken to an unknown destination by the gun wielding criminals. Confirming the incident, the Police Spokesman, Sunday Abutu, added that sympathizers could not do much to save the victim, as he died on the spot
6. Five persons have been killed in a cycle of violence in Zango-Kataf local government area of Kaduna State. Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, in two statements released on Saturday said, a 10-year-old herder was killed by unidentified persons around Madauchi Forest, Zangon Kataf council.
7. An 89th penalty goal by Kelechi Iheanacho helped Leicester City to win the Community Shield in a keenly-contested game with Manchester City on Saturday. It was the first time in 50 years that the club won the trophy- traditionally the first title of every season.
8. Former Senatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for Benue North West, Chief Mimi Adzape-Orubibi yesterday, formally left the party with thousands of her supporters to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State received them on Saturday at Adikpo Comprehensive College Makurdi.
9. The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) says the number of active COVID-19 cases in Nigeria increased to 9,066 with 473 additional cases confirmed on Saturday. The NCDC made this known on its verified website on Sunday morning.
10. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State yesterday, expressed worries over some of its stalwarts’ move to switch camps ahead of the November 6 governorship election in the state. The State Chairman of the party, Sir Ndubuisi Nwobu, and other members of the executive council who were returned last week by the Court of Appeal, said they would make every sacrifice in ensuring their candidate, Mr Valentine Ozigbo wins the polls.