Prince died of a drug overdose, it has been confirmed. The 57-year-old singer who was cremated days after his death on April 21 passed away after an opioid overdose, a law-enforcement official has confirmed.
It would be recalled that Prince was found slumped in a lift at his Minneapolis-area estate.
Investigators had been reviewing whether Prince died of an overdose and have been questioning a doctor who was prescribing drugs to him weeks before his death.
It is not yet known what drug he took or whether it had been prescribed by a doctor.