The CAMPUS MUSIC ALBUM Nigeria is a platform established with the aim to expand the music industry and to recognise credible campus artist who have worked so hard to record breathe taking music and has what it takes to be at the limelight, the Nigerian music industry has eloped greatly to the worlds’ reach in recent times and has caused a whole lot of Nigerian youth squeezing into these industry, thereby causing them to break boundaries and doing the extra-ordinary to become music celebrities. in support to the growth of the Nigerian music industry and welfare of the Nigerian youth, comes this outstanding concept which will give this industry more greater value by fishing out young talents from campuses, talents who have put in efforts and energy into their music career and exposing them to wider audience, through a music album.
The CAMPUS MUSIC ALBUM would invade institutes in Nigeria and institutes dominated by Nigerians anywhere in the world. Each institute or group of selected institutes to an album, interested artist would fill up the entry form online when the contest gets to your campus, entries would be screened and 15 tracks would be selected, the top 2 artist would record a song alongside a celebrity artist to make up a 16 track album.
SELECTION PROCESS #CMAmovement:
After the very large entries of interested artist, all entries would go through five different selection process to emerge the top 15 tracks.
1. PRIVATE JUDGES (The Music): The private judging process is the first selection process and it’s the judging of the music, this judges would be personalities in the music industry or famous personalities on campus, all songs would be forwarded to the celebrity judges for screening, the judges would spend time to listen to all songs and give a pass mark over 100, this selection process is determined by the quality of production, the lyrics and the delivery irrespective of the genres. This process will welcome the top 30 contestant, after screening
of all entries; the best 30 tracks would be selected.
2. ONLINE VOTING (Social Life): In the Nigerian music industry today, being social is a key feature of a celebrity, ability to relate with people, ability to create a fan base etc, this brings us to the next selection process which would be done via online voting, voting pages would be created for each of the top 30 contestant, having a little bio about them, a picture and their music, each artist would have a unique link, they would need to make fans visit that link and vote for them to increase their chances of staying in the competition, the result would be added with the result of the first selection process to arrive at our top 20.
3. PARTY TOUR (Stage Performance) #CMAPartyTour: The artist stage performance would be another selection process. the top 20 artist would be taking to clubs and be given a chance to perform their song and see how well they can thrill the crowd, party would be twice a week for 2 weeks, 5 contestants for each party, that makes it 4 parties, all performance would be well captured and merged with the next two selection process to make the final eviction and picking of the last 15.
4. THE INTERVIEW (Personality Talk): An interview would be made for all 20 contestant, this interview would involve the artist background, his/her perspective of life, likes and dislikes etc. each artist interview would be merged with their performance from the party tour and would be up for view on different platform.
5. SMS VOTING (The Real Fans): Fans would watch the artist performance and interview and make their final selection through sms voting, by sending “CMA (artist name)” to a unique sms code or phone number.
After the successful selection of the 15 artist, all marks for each selection process would be added together to get a final score to arrange the 15 contestant by position, the first and second position would record a song with a celebrity artist to complete the 16 track album. Album copies would be produced in hardcopies, uploaded online for sales and download, before distribution, would be the listening event called “THE CMA CONCERT”.
THE CMA CONCERT: This platform gives the selected outstanding 15 artist to have a stage performance in front of large audience and fans alongside the celebrity artist. This would stand as the listening party for the album, for every ticket bought would come with a free copy of the album.
Cotonou Edition Registration is on visit www.campusmusicalbum.com/cotonou to register
TO Bring The Contest To Your School, Register At http://www.campusmusicalbum.com/register-your-school/
FOR MORE INFO, SPONSORSHIP OR PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY VISIT: WWW.CAMPUSMUSICALBUM.COM